B-L475E-IOT01A Wifi - NetworkInterface::get_default_instance() always returns NULL

Hi, new to Mbed OS and trying various network samples with an ST B-L475E-IOT01A board, but they all fail with NetworkInterface::get_default_instance() returning NULL.

Is there something i need to update somewhere so it finds the Wifi ?

Thanks!

Hello,

I do not know what you already tried, but the method NetworkInterface::get_default_instance() probably returns Null because no default network interface were set, I think.
Also it looks like the driver of wifi module ISM43362-M3G-L44 what is on your board is not integrated to MbedOS and it is as an external library.

According to info from mbed-os/STM readme you need this ARMmbed/wifi-ism43362: ISM43362 WiFi driver (github.com)

BR, Jan

Thanks for replying JohnnyK. Can you help with what I might need to do for that? Looking at the project in Mbed Studio there is a component for ism43362 -

Ok, I probably see what is wrong, the target.
In the title you wrote B-L475E-IOT01A which is DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A (B-L475E-IOT01A) | Mbed
But on the picture from MbedStudio you have selected target DISCO-L4S5I (B-L4S5I-IOT01A) which is DISCO-L4S5I (B-L4S5I-IOT01A) | Mbed
So you need to identify what a board you really have and make a correction.

The mbed_app.json configuration is made only for the first one - DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A (start at line 25).
For the second one (B_L4S5I_IOT01A) you need to add similar configuration between line 30 and 31.

"B_L4S5I_IOT01A": {
            "target.components_add": ["ism43362"],
            "ism43362.provide-default": true,
            "target.network-default-interface-type": "WIFI",
            "target.macros_add" : ["MBEDTLS_SHA1_C"]
        },

I hope it will help. I do not have this target so I can not verify that.

BR, Jan