We are an european systems integrator company which installs monitors and screens in vehicles such us ambulances, taxi, police cars, firefighter trucks etc…
We are in a public tender to refactor the cabin touch screens of the train driver.
The specifications are:
- 12 inches
- Touch screen
- ARM based
- DVI/HDMI and USB inputs
- EN50155 compliance
This grade of monitors are new for us, so we don’t have a previous experience on it.
The tender notes that the supplier must be European manufacturer for a quick response and better quality controls.
We have perform a Google search and we have found the following monitor manufacturers:
- Inelmatic (www.inelmatic.com) They have a wide catalog and the custom options are huge to set the specifications according the requirements of the tender. EU manufacturer and good quality-price rate.
- Assured systems. Based in UK with a wide catalog in electronics (I am not sure if they are manufacturers, for monitor customization etc…)
- Impulse embedded. Also based in UK, but not sure if they are manufacturer or reseller.
- Advantech. Wordwide leader in embedded monitors but not located in EU (is it true?)
- Axiomtek (they are from Taiwan, not from EU )
Does anyone experience with anyone of these brands/manufacturers? We will start to ask for a quote but we don’t know what brand to start with.
We will appreciate your advices. Thanks in advance.