Max30003 AFE Lots of noise

Hi I have have the max30003 wing dev board and a custom board with max30003 however i am not able to get any valid data. All i see is random noise.

• While its connected to PC for UART then i am using VCM lead
  • When powered from battery i am not using VCM both show no sign of ECG.
    Regardless what configuration i cannot seem to get a valid ECG waveform.

Hello,

I get the same problem. I checked What are the recommended configuration register settings for the MAX30003 in order to measure ECG?  · Community Portal and tried the configurations given there, but I still only obtain random noise as shown in the image in your post.

When I set CNFG_CAL to 0x700000 and CNFG_EMUX to 0x0B0000, I sometimes will get valid ECG data. I obtained these two settings from GitHub - Protocentral/protocentral_max30003: Breakout board for the Maxim MAX3003 single-channel ECG AFE

However, setting CNFG CAL, EMUX to 0x700000 and 0x0B0000 makes no sense. According to the datasheet, you’re meant to disable & disconnect calibration when taking ECG recordings.

I have no idea what’s going on and this Max30003 chip is giving me a ton of headache.

Hi,

I also get the same problem. I tried different configurations with different gain values but it’s still the same. How did you resolve this problem, was the problem the configuration or the hardware?