Mbed studio 1.2 won't detect platform

Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem but with a different board:
Windows
FRDM-K66F.

After downgrading back to 1.1.0 it does work again.

Best regards

Hi roberthewitt,

I have exactly the same problem. The board is LPC1768, system is Windows 10.
To go round the problem pending a fix, I push the compiled .bin file into the mbed usb drive to run the program.

Thanks. I do that!

It stopped detecting my platform SDP-K1.

Hi @JoeLowtech, @Glennon, @asewa,

Issues with boards discovery in Mbed Studio 1.2.0 were connected with change of the library used for target detection. We resolved this issue and a fix for it will be released next week with version 1.2.1. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, if your target runs DAPLink, updating the firmware to the latest version should resolve target detection in Mbed Studio 1.2.0.
Detection of LPC1768, LPC11U24 and Cypress boards will be resolved in Studio version 1.2.1.

DAPLink firmware: DAPLink

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Thanks for that.

BTW do you happen to know if the LPC1768 runs DAPLink? I’ve never been successful getting debugging to work, so development is slow.

Regards

Robert

Hi all,

Mbed Studio 1.2.1 was released today. It contains fixes for target detection on several boards, including LPC1768, LPC11U24, Cypress boards and devices with outdated DAPLINK firmware.

The automatic update should roll out over the next day or so, otherwise you can uninstall and download the new version from here: Mbed Studio | Mbed.

Thanks,

Matthew
Mbed Studio team

1 Like

Hi @mgordon01 ,

Just wanted to confirm that the updated Mbed Studio is indeed talking to my LPC1768 board as it was before the 1.2.0 update. Many thanks for the quick fix!

All the best,

Conor

Hi Arek,

Confirmed my LPC1768 board can be detected, can compile & run. Many thanks for the fix.

Regards
Glennon

I have a nrf-52840dk running j-link firmware that is no longer being detected, even on 1.2.1

Hello,

after updating to 1.2.1 th FRDM K66F is detected again and everything is working so far.

Thanks to the team for the fix.

Hello,
unfortunately it is not working for LPC4088 DM board too. So the instruction for 1.1 still is actual now.

The true path for app-update.yml file is ~\Program Files\Mbed Studio\resources