Announcement: Work on continuous integration system this week

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give a heads up that we’ll be making some changes to our continuous integration infrastructure later this week. This includes spinning up a new boards farm in Cambridge (which will take over from our current farm in Oulu), and some changes within our AWS backend.

We’re not expecting any specific disruption, however PRs might take a bit longer to get in as our team will be busy ensuring the transition goes smoothly.

Feel free to ask questions in the thread below, I will also provide an update when the work completes.

Don Garnier,
Mbed OS Tech Lead

Hello Don,

This might not be the most appropriate place but at least related: Are you planning to extending the CI for other APIs, such as SPIFBlockDevice? We have had issues with the SPIF driver and some chips, see SPIFBlockDevice has memory alignment issues with SST26VF016 on k64f · Issue #13428 · ARMmbed/mbed-os · GitHub.

Hi @boraozgen,

We do have some tests running in CI from this test-suite:

However we’re only testing some combinations of MCU/SPI flash chips. I’ve looked at the issue you’ve raised and it looks like we could benefit from documenting tests that can be helpful to run when integrating components with a custom board. What do you think?

Cheers,

Don

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to let you know the migration above has been completed successfully.

Don

Hi!

Thanks for sharing the threads. It’s quite a time since I’ve dived into this stuff. After exploring some of the best ci cd tools, I got bumped into Jenkins and it’s automation server that allows developers to build, test, and deploy software with reliability.