Calling Make in Exported Eclipse Program

When calling make in the project folder for an exported Eclipse project I get the following errors:

make (e=87): The parameter is incorrect.
make[1]: *** [project_1.elf] Error 87
make: *** [all] Error 2 

It seems to arise from the MakeFile process process_begin: CreateProcess(C:... being too long. Windows has a max command line character count which is exceeded.

Is there any workaround for this issue? I can’t build my project.

Hi Bradley,

Can you provide me with some more information about your project? Which version of Mbed OS are you using? Which target board did you export to eclipse for? Did you export your project from the online compiler or the Mbed CLI?

Thanks!
– Jenny, team Mbed

I am also running into this exact issue. I am using Mbed OS version 5.9. I am working with the STM32L476 Nucleo board. I imported the mbed-os-example-blinky project using Mbed CLI and then exported from Mbed CLI to an eclipse project. To do this, I followed the steps at the following link

https://os.mbed.com/docs/v5.8/tutorials/quick-start-offline.html

When building the eclipse project, the makefile fails during the link step because the character count is too long for the windows command line tool (max count = 32768). This is because there are a lot of files being passed into the below makefile command and the files are all nested so that the directory paths are long as well.

$(PROJECT).elf: $(OBJECTS) $(SYS_OBJECTS) $(PROJECT).link_script.ld
+@echo “link: $(notdir $@)”
@$(LD) $(LD_FLAGS) -T $(filter-out %.o, $^) $(LIBRARY_PATHS) --output $@ $(filter %.o, $^) $(LIBRARIES) $(LD_SYS_LIBS)

I’m not sure there is anything that you can do about it but it should be noted on your website that this won’t work. Unless, that is, you have a workaround.

Hi, did you solve this issue? I’m having the same on eclispe gcc arm from an mbed on line compiler export.

Thanks.
Enzo

Hi Enzo, did you solve this problem?