Cant enable watchdog on NuMaker PFM 2351

Hello Everyone,

I mbed os version 5.15 and my target is nuvoton M2351KIAAE
i have a problem while enabling watchdog. i even tried example code given on mbed **website(Watchdog - APIs | Mbed OS 5 Documentation).**it shows error such as
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol hal_watchdog_get_platform_features (referred from BUILD/NU_PFM_M2351_NPSA_NS/ARMC6/mbed-os/drivers/source/Watchdog.o).
Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol hal_watchdog_get_reload_value (referred from BUILD/NU_PFM_M2351_NPSA_NS/ARMC6/mbed-os/drivers/source/Watchdog.o).
Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol hal_watchdog_init (referred from BUILD/NU_PFM_M2351_NPSA_NS/ARMC6/mbed-os/drivers/source/Watchdog.o).
Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol hal_watchdog_kick (referred from BUILD/NU_PFM_M2351_NPSA_NS/ARMC6/mbed-os/drivers/source/Watchdog.o).
Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol hal_watchdog_stop (referred from BUILD/NU_PFM_M2351_NPSA_NS/ARMC6/mbed-os/drivers/source/Watchdog.o).

i dont know what is going wrong. any help will be appreciated.

Hi,

if you review https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/blob/mbed-os-5.15/targets/targets.json#L8926, the watchdog is not supported - this explains the error, there are no definitioned symbols aka functions for the watchdog.

Thank you for the reply.

does that mean watchdog will not work for my target even if i try to do that through directly programming microcontroller’s registers through mbed?

Hello,

that means the Nuvoton did not implemented watchdog in MbedOS for Watchdog API.
And yes! You can use HALs (If there are some a HALs) or target registers in a combination with MbedOS.
Something about Watchdog registers, in the context to your board, seems to be here - mbed-os/wdt_reg.h at mbed-os-5.15 · ARMmbed/mbed-os (github.com)

BR, Jan