Future of this forum

mbed OS 5 documentation constantly points to https://developer.mbed.org/forum.
Is there a plan for this forum?

1 Like

We’ll be unifying the developer.mbed.org forum and this forum. The web team is working on a way to migrate posts, then we’ll point both forums.mbed.com and Forum index | Mbed to the same location.

1 Like

OK, thanks

Hi, do you consider to merge the “questions” section in as well? It seems to be the most frequently used resource but I don’t really see a difference in how people use it in comparison to the two other forums.
It would be neat to have one central place for all questions around mbed and the new discourse based mbed forum is a big step forward with regards to usability.

1 Like

Any update on unifying the forums? I’m somehow unsure which forum to use for latest mbed OS 5 questions.

@JoeA @immunda

Hi, for now, please use the developer.mbed.org forum and Q&A for mbed OS 5. We have inherited a couple of different forum platforms due to the way we’ve grown, and are planning on consolidating them soon.

We like this Discourse forum, but also like the idea of a Stackoverflow style Q&A, and ideally if we move to Discourse, we’d want automatic syntax highlighting of code snippets and other features that are a bit more useful for developers.

Hi, thanks for pointing that link out - I’ll sort that page out.

Any ETA on re-unification of the forums?

It feels like the shakeup caused by the regression back to a monolithic architecture took all the steam out of nurturing community involvement.

I’m happy to see development continue at an excellent pace but tombstones like these

…are a sad reminder of the ARM’s original, community engaged, direction.

1 Like

I believe this can now officially be closed!

Has the question been answered? Will there ever be a reunification? What is the prefered forum to ask questions?

I love discourse a lot, other big projects are using it:

And the list goes on. The features are really neat, the ability to quote and reply to, the search, the code highlighting, etc.

Would be neat to have everything in one place and keep the old forum for documentation if migration is not possible.

Well my bad, I can answer my own question:

• Github should be used only for bugs, new feature, PR, fix and improvements in mbed-os
  • Discourse (this forum) is for everything else: help needed, questions, discussions

How engaged will the core team be with this forum? Can we expect quick answers to our questions and input in discussions?

The more present they are here, the less likely people will ask questions on Github, the easier it will be for everyone else.

+1 to have everything in one place and migrate old forum and questions.

Please use MarkDown / MD syntax in new solution :slight_smile:

Test 12

• Test
Tables Are Cool
col 3 is right-aligned $1600
col 2 is centered $12
zebra stripes are neat $1
1 Like