Import Middleware from x-cube-mems1

I see that there is an example for importing MotionFX in ST/MOTENV_Mbed (MOTENV_Mbed - Motion and Environmental sensor reader applicatio… | Mbed) but I was hoping to use MotionAR instead. Is there a tutorial for how to import these middleware items from x-cube-mems1 into mbed?

Hi @caseyquinn
Have you tried the sample applications from ST’s site ?

Regards,
Mbed support
Ron

Hi Ron,

I have looked through those examples and tried importing into mbed without success. I tried adding the MotionAR middleware to the MOTENV_Mbed project in a similar way that the example uses MotionFX middleware, but I get this error:

Error: Undefined symbol MotionAR_GetLibVersion (referred from …/…/build/MotionAR_Manager.DISCO_L475VG_IOT01A.o).

The one thing I can can figure out is where the MotionFX archive file that contains STs algorithm is located in the mbed library.

If I use the link you sent, should I be able to import the examples as is into mbed?

Thank you for your assistance.

Casey

HI @caseyquinn
I have approached the ST team for further assistance, however due to the holidays, please take into considerations that response might be slow

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Hi @caseyquinn,

The MOTENV_Mbed example dates back to the end of 2017.
In the meantime, ARM has introduced a new license, called the Permissive Binary License (PBL), to handle binary libraries usage with Mbed OS. Unfortunately, this license is incompatible with our MotionAR library, so we can’t provide official Mbed support for it.

If you’re interested in the MotionAR library, you may consider using the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, instead.

Best regards,
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your reply. Can you provide a link to an example using MOTIONAR with X-CUBE-MEMS1 package in mbed or how to import such an example into mbed?

Regards.

Casey