Hi everyone, there didn’t seem to be a more appropriate category to post this in so I hope it’s okay here.
I’m the embedded software manager at Embedded Planet, an ARM partner that provides several production-ready Mbed-OS targets. We have been fully invested in Mbed-OS for several years now. You may have even seen me around on the Mbed-OS GitHub!
We are looking to grow our embedded software engineering team and have an immediate need for an experienced embedded SW engineer. We would prefer they have Mbed-OS experience, thus why I’m posting here.
If you’re looking to work with Mbed-OS full time, here’s your chance.
Please forward to anyone you might think is interested. While proximity to Cleveland, OH, USA, is preferred, we are a remote-friendly team (I work remotely).
You must be a US citizen and based in the US.
See the following job description and requirements:
Embedded Planet develops IoT solutions from the embedded software level to the cloud. If you enjoy working with new technologies, learning new things, and sometimes stepping outside of your role, this is a great position for you!
A majority of our work is focused on embedded development for constrained microcontrollers, both baremetal and RTOS. If you’re comfortable flipping bits and working with electronics at the board level you will feel right at home in our team.
EP offers a portfolio of connectivity modules and production-ready products that help our customers quickly build their connected devices. As an embedded software engineer at EP, you will help define and develop new hardware/software products, implement software support for our hardware products, and maintain existing examples and device drivers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our open-source resources and examples as well as other open-source embedded projects!
In addition to our product catalog, EP also offers design services to customers who need help bringing their idea for a device into reality. As an embedded software engineer at EP, you will take part in the design, specification, and implementation of customer projects.
This position is an excellent opportunity to build embedded software products at many levels: board support, drivers, and libraries, all the way to application development and deployment. Customer projects are always unique, challenging you to grow your skill-set and broaden your experience. We work on projects ranging from basic data aggregation to embedded displays/UI and even advanced, real-time digital signal processing.
If you want to help build a wide range of IoT devices and contribute to the open-source canon of embedded IoT, apply today!
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing, distributed team in the embedded IoT space. While we are primarily based in the eastern US timezone, for qualified candidates we are open to fully/partially remote employment arrangements. Being located in/near Cleveland, OH, is preferred but not strictly required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Embedded Planet offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, paid time off, 401K, and contribution to group insurance.
- Must be a US citizen and US-based (remote OK)
- Must have at least a BS in EE/CE/CS or related degree
- Must have at least 2+ years of prior experience developing embedded software for microcontrollers using C. Mixed C/C++ experience highly preferred.
- Must have at least 2+ years of prior experience using/debugging typical embedded peripherals: I2C, SPI, UART/Serial
- Must have at least 2+ years of prior experience working with IoT technologies, including:
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- WiFi, Ethernet, and sockets programming
- Cellular modems (NB-IoT, CatM1, etc)
- Comfortable working with and debugging prototype hardware
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires interfacing with other engineers, communicating with customers, and supporting other departments within the organization including technical support, marketing, sales, and operations.
- Experience with ARM Mbed-OS RTOS (huge plus)
- Experience with embedded Linux development, especially Yocto
- Experience developing for ARM Cortex M processors, particularly ST STM32, Nordic nRF, NXP Kinetis/LPC, Infineon/Cypress PSOC.
- Understanding and prior use of the following additional embedded peripherals: CAN, ADC, DAC, I2S/PDM, embedded serial flash memories
- Familiarity with the following additional IoT technologies:
- LoRa, LoRAWAN
- 6LoWPAN, Thread, Wi-SUN
- Prior experience with major cloud/IoT platforms: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Familiarity with cmake build system and GCC ARM toolchain