MAX32620FTHR Bootloader not supported on this target. ROM start not found in targets.json

Hi,

I am trying to develop a sensor based on the MAX32620FTHR chip. I have created the blinky application and configured it for the MAX32620FTHR platform. When I compile the application I get the following “Configuration error: Bootloader not supported on this target. ROM start not found in targets.json.” I have tried the using Keil Studio on the web and Mbed Studio on my laptop and get the same error (which is probably expected). How do I get rid of this configuration error?

Thanks for any help and guidance.

Regards,

Brian

Hi,

You can add the device_name in your mbed_app.json as below:

"MAX32620FTHR": {
            "target.device_name": "MAX32620"
        }

Hi,

I don’t know if I am doing this right but I added a file to my application called mbed_app.json and pasted the code you suggested into that file. I then tried to build the application and it reported an error with the mbed_app.json file. The error was “Error parsing ‘.\mbed_app.json’: Extra data: line 1 column 15 (char 14)”.

What am I doing wrong.

Thx for your help.

Brian

Hi,

In my previous response, I’ve just shown you a part of block to avoid the issue. Complete file is below:

{
    "target_overrides": {
        "*": {
            "platform.stdio-baud-rate"                  : 115200,
            "platform.stdio-convert-newlines"           : true,
            "platform.stdio-buffered-serial"            : true,
            "platform.stdio-flush-at-exit"              : true,
            "target.printf_lib": "std"
        },
        "MAX32620FTHR": {
            "target.device_name": "MAX32620"
        }
    }
}

Also, mbed_app.json file format is here:

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I am learning more about mbed every day and your help has been so valuable. I have a basic program running in my MAX32620FTHR now which I can use to develop my final application.

Best regards,

Brian

1 Like