Mbed Studio Debugger not showing variables

Mbed studio shows a cryptic error message in Local Variables:

Unknown value for PRINT_VALUES: must be: 0 or “–no-values”, 1 or “–all-values”, 2 or “–simple-values”

I’m using Mbed Studio 1.4 with the default toolchain (armc6) against a STM Nucleo-F446ZE board.

This may be related to error messages that appear in the “Static” variables dropdown “Duplicate variable object name”, “Attempt to extract a component of a value that is not a structure.”.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will investigate it.

Thanks,
Arek - Studio team

Was there ever a fix for this? I get this repeatedly and it completely breaks my debugging workflow.

Oddly enough, on my setup, the first time you hit a breakpoint from a cold start of the debugger, it works. After that, you get the error message. Very strange.

However, as a work around, go to the Debug console and issue:
-stack-list-locals 0

Looks like this:
-stack-list-locals 0
{“locals”:[“keystate”,“last”,“v”,“key”,“delta”]}

Or try:
-stack-list-locals 1

Which gives:
-stack-list-locals 1

{“locals”:[{“name”:“keystate”,“value”:“0”},{“name”:“last”,“value”:“57353”},{“name”:“v”,“value”:“”},{“name”:“key”,“value”:“”},{“name”:“delta”,“value”:“”}]}

Or, of course, -stack-list-locals 2:

-stack-list-locals 2
{“locals”:[{“name”:“keystate”,“type”:“uint32_t”,“value”:“0”},{“name”:“last”,“type”:“uint32_t”,“value”:“57353”},{“name”:“v”,“type”:“uint32_t”,“value”:“”},{“name”:“key”,“type”:“int”,“value”:“”},{“name”:“delta”,“type”:“uint32_t”,“value”:“”}]}