Memset errors after tool updates

I have a program that’s sending data back and forth on the serial port. This morning mbed studio asked if I wanted to install some tool updates, to which I (foolishly) said yes. Now I get errors wherever I use the memset function to clear a serial read/write buffer. I rolled the whole thing back to a previously comitted version that I know worked and the errors pop up in it too. I created a new program with only memset and a new copy of mbed 6.14, same problem. It compiles just fine in the online compiler.

The errors and code are below:

Use of undeclared identifier ‘memset’; did you mean ‘wmemset’? (fix available)
Cannot initialize a parameter of type ‘wchar_t *’ with an lvalue of type ‘char [128]’

#include "mbed.h"
char serialRxBuf[128];

int main()
{
    memset(serialRxBuf,0,sizeof(serialRxBuf));
    while (true) {
    }
}

Hello,

welcome in club
Mbed Studio 1.4.2 linter bugs - Mbed Studio / Bugs - Arm Mbed OS support forum

Errors are shown by the clangd but your code is still compilable.

BR, Jan

It should have been compilable, but it wasn’t compiling. On a whim I reinstalled mbed studio and both the failure to compile and the errors disappeared.

Then you are lucky, I already did it and nothing has changed :slight_smile:

BR, Jan

I would reinstal Mbed Studio but when I clik on :
download Mbed Studio for Linux” on Installing Mbed Studio - Installing | Mbed Studio Documentation
I read this :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied
Access Denied
D17FVRPQHSEFP0DM
lz6nhfv90tGFmmBYqjzwQWdvebvwRf5xRh22mHIIMXK6osGxm7sGEMUPQF0WLbzhD92he7zt6UE=

Hi @marcusbaslerus ,

Please try again, there was a temporary issue with the download server that should now be resolved.

Regards,
Matt

Thank you, but Friday I reinstalled Mbed Studio 1.4.1
Marc.