Question about flashing the f/w

There is a question about flashing the f/w of K64F’s IC,
when I finish to develop my mbed OS project, then I want to shrink the size of prototype, so i want to prepare a MK64FN1M0VLL12 IC and mount into my new prototype, it’s a new layout PCB, and not using FRDM-K64F develop platform.

so, it comes to a question: How can I download the mbed OS F/W into the new prototype?
I am trying to using Kinetis IDE, it looks like the project needs to create a project then program it by using IDE, then I change to using keil uvision5 with Ulink2, it looks like the same as Kinetis like.

is anyone know how to solve this question?

There are several options for flashing your prototype, but I suspect the best option for you will be to use an external SWD adaptor.

You can modify a FRDM-K64F to act as an interface for debugging an off-board microcontroller by cutting one trace (see here in the section titled “Debug Interface”). This document doesn’t make it immediately clear, but the trace you need to cut is the one that joins J11 pin 1 to J11 pin 2, on the bottom of the board. You can then use the J9 interface as a SWD adaptor for your prototype.

You could also consider a dedicated SWD adaptor such as the ulink2.

Hi annirak,

I’ve tried to use ulink2 to flash my k64f IC by a blinky example by keil, now i want to download mbed bin file to k64f, but keil uVision IDE looks like not support *.bin file to download to flash.

some makers say the k64f also can use Jlink to flash k64f f/w, and also have a tool named “J-Flash”, but it need a start address to flash K64F, do you know the start address of K64F with mbedOS is start from zero or another address?

Hi…as per my knowledge you can modify a FRDM-K64F to act as an interface for debugging an off-board microcontroller by cutting one trace. This document doesn’t make it immediately clear, but the trace you need to cut is the one that joins J11 pin 1 to J11 pin 2, on the bottom of the board. You can then use the J9 interface as a SWD adaptor for your prototype.

pcb assebly