Ranlib error when building mbedtls-2.13.0 on OS X

I am getting the following error when running make on the mbed tls programs directory in a fresh download of mbedtls-2.13.0 on OS X. I had been using make here with no issues until it suddenly stopped last night, so I thought I must have broken something and downloaded a fresh mbedtls-2.13.0. I still am receiving this error when running make:

ranlib: object: libmbedx509.a(certs.o) malformed object (unknown load command 1)
make[1]: *** [libmbedx509.a] Error 1
make: *** […/library/libmbedx509.a] Error 2

I have tried to reinstall Xcode command line tools but this did not solve the issue. I can generate that error either by running make on the default makefile or by typing:
ranlib …/library/libmbedx509.a

@scottohair Thank you for reporting this issue!

I have created an issue in our github repository on your behalf, so it could be better tracked.
You are welcome to track this issue
Regards,
Mbed TLS Team member
Ron

Hi @scottohair
We have tried reproducing this, but could not.
Could you please share your configuration to the github issue I opened on your behalf?
Regards,
Mbed TLS Team member
Ron

Hi @scottohair
Have you managed to find a solution?
We couldn’t reproduce this issue. It would be helpful if we had more information.

Have you looked in macos - Mac load commands corruption - Stack Overflow?
Could that post assist you?

Regards,
Ron

This issue may also assist

I ended up using cmake and was able to compile. Still not sure what was going on. I assume something on my device became corrupted, since it occurred all of the sudden.

Thank you @scottohair for you r information.
I will close the ticket as not a bug