U-blox LISA-U200 ( u-blox C027 ) issues in moving binary file

Hello,

I am starting our IoT related POC using u-blox LISA-U200 mounted on ARM mbed.
I have downloaded binary for simple LED light blinking program on my windows laptop.

Link to the Program: C027_HelloWorld - C027 Example: blinking LED | Mbed
I imported this program ( .cpp file ) in online compiler and compiled the program. This downloaded the binary file in my windows system.

I have connected Powered the device using adapter, and connected the device to Laptop via USB cable.
When I try to copy the the binary file using windows’ normal copy and paste method, it encounters failure.
The copy completes, and then device is disconnected and reconnects again.

On most of the occassions a fail.txt file is created with content as TIMEOUT.

Environment details:

Laptop: Windows
u-blox device: u-blox LISA-U200 mounted on mbed board.

Can you please let me know what could be possibly going wrong here ?

Please let me know if more details are needed.

Thank you !

Regards,
Hitesh Tambe

Hi Hitesh,

I think a TIMEOUT error when programming would indicate that the programming interface can’t communicate with the target processor? Have you confirmed all of the connections are correct on your board? Are you using a custom board or an off-the-shelf development kit?

This may be incorrect, but it’s where I’d start looking first!

Adam

Hi Hitesh
I had the same issue. In my case I solved connecting my device (u-blox LISA-U200) in CRP_DISABLED MODE and than downloading an older version of the CMSIS-DAP interface firmware.

Regards,
David

Hello Adam,

Thank you for the response.

“I think a TIMEOUT error when programming would indicate that the programming interface can’t communicate with the target processor?”

• When you mention program, do you mean the bin file of the program which I have prepared. If so, I am not able to place the binary file itself on the device. Or is this something else you are suggesting ?

• I was also pressing reset button in between. But since I do not have a binary file present on device can pressing reset button result in TIMEOUT ?

Have you confirmed all of the connections are correct on your board?
Yes, I am connecting device to computer using USB port. I see few lights turning green ( Power and USB port indicator) so I assume device is fine. Is there more I can check ?

Are you using a custom board or an off-the-shelf development kit?
I am using off-the-shelf development kit. It is mbed application shield mounted on u-blox LISA U200. ( Or other way round )
Link to the specifications: mbed application shield - Cookbook | Mbed
u-blox C027 Getting Started | Mbed

I have also attached images of my device.

Please let me know if I can check anything more.

Hi David,

Thank you for the response.

I will search on the internet more about CRP_DISABLED MODE, as this is the first time I am hearing about this. I will try to implement your suggestion.
Do you have any quick links which will give good idea about CRP_DISABLED mode ?

Thank you !

Regards,
Hitesh

here you are :wink:
https://os.mbed.com/users/ublox/notebook/ublox-C027-Update-CMSIS-DAP-Interface-Firmware/
David