B-G474E-DPOW1 STM32G474 Board Support

It appears the discovery board for G474 is not yet supported.

How do we add support? It looks like a fairly easy port.

Cheers,
Joe

Hi Joe,

To be able to do official port you have to be a partner. For your own purposes you can mock it look like supported board:

Regards,
Pekka

Hi Joe,

Here is more information how to use custom board.

Regards,
Pekka

Thank you, Pekka.

Hi all

In order to introduce a new target/STM32 family, you can have a look on the wiki page: steps to create a new STM32 platform - | Mbed

Don’t hesitate to make a pull request on GitHub, we will review it in order to merge it !

Thx

Jerome, ST team

Jerome,

Thanks for the link.

So it appears we will have to add a new and for the STM32G474.
TARGET_STM32\TARGET_STM32
TARGET_STM32G4\TARGET_STM32G474xE\TARGET_DISCO_G474RE

Any thoughts on what to call the TARGET_? Perhaps TARGET_DISCO_G474RE?

Then it looks like generating the PeripheralPins.c using the python script. I do not have CubeMX installed.

Looks like other things need copied from the STM32Cube package as well.

Cheers,
Joe

I am also interested in support for the STM32G4 series in Mbed.

I can look into porting. As for the target name, it should be consistent with the other nucleo boards supported by Mbed: TARGET_NUCLEO_G474RE

Jerome, is this support coming relatively soon :slight_smile: ?

Hi

I am sorry, but STM32G4 support is not planned soon :frowning:

2 options:

Regards
Jerome

Hi Jerome,

I just ordered a G473 nucleo board so I will be able to run tests. I’ll see how difficult the porting effort is from here.

Thanks for getting it started!

Hi Jerome,

I took your branch and have basic support for the NUCLEO_G747RE target (gpio and system initialization, enough to compile blinky while ignoring a lot of features that require UART).

You can see my branch here: GitHub - AGlass0fMilk/mbed-os at add-nucleo-g474re

I am hoping we can collaborate a bit to add the rest of the features since you are obviously more familiar with the STM platform than I am.

Maybe you could convince your project managers to give you some time to assist me since there is another developer working on this now :)?