Custom Macro definition in Mbed Studio

Hi,
Before, I could change the macros and use the macros to select different boards. I could define any macro in the Makefile. .don’t know how to do it with mbed studio. Json file has configuration but how should you define your custom macro?

-DTARGET_NAME=NUCLEO_L476RG

will make this if valid using Makefile

#if TARGET_NUCLEO_L476RG
#include “nucleo_l476rg_hw.h”
#else

How should I do or how to detect which HW is used in Mbed Studio so a specific header will be included?
The code I have supports different boards, based on the target it should choose the correct header.
The above if processor is failing and it doesn’t select the correct header file when I compile for a specific target defined by the MBED studio target selection.
thanks.

Hello,

for something like that you do not need custom macros, you have to check if was defined.

#if defined(TARGET_NUCLEO_L476RG)
#include "something.h"
#endif

This is best option to do a customatizion based on target selection without any special attention from your side.
However if you still want to use a custom macro, then you can do it via mbed_app.json like below.

then when you can found it close to end of mbed_config.h (read only) at location ProjectName\BUILD\TargetName\CompilerName\

Of course the clean build have to be triggered after any change.

BR, Jan

Hi, thank you very much. So, it should be before target_overrides? right?

It does not matter if is before or after I think, but probably not inside because this is for overriding the configuration from targets.json file.

BR, Jan