[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license

Hi,

I am very new to Mbed Studio. Recently, I am trying to import SX1280 library to the project.
But I failed to compile the SX1280 library. It seems to license issues.

Building project mbed-os-empty (NUCLEO_L476RG, ARMC6)
Scan: mbed-os-empty
Compile [ 0.1%]: sx1280-hal.cpp
[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license.
armclang: note:
Information about this error is available at: Arm Development Studio
General licensing information is available at: Arm Development Studio
If you need further help, provide this complete error report to your supplier or license.support@arm.com.

• ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE: ‘C:\Mbed Studio\tools-config\ac6-license.dat’
  • LM_LICENSE_FILE: unset
  • ARM_PRODUCT_DEF: unset
  • ARM_PRODUCT_PATH: unset
  • ARM_TOOL_VARIANT: unset

Anyone has idea how to fix that?
Thanks in advance.

You have the same problem I had, follow the first link in the “Information about this error…” prompt.

You are not allowed to run Mbed Studio from a RDP session.

Hi James,

As Chris mentioned this issue may be related to remote desktop. There is a similar thread for it: Version 0.91 suddenly unlicensed.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Hi Are, All,

I am having this same issue:
[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license.?

I got this after uninstalling/reinstalling Mbed-Studio on Windows-11.

I looked up the issue in the forums, and found the issue mentioned here in this forum, also after uninstalling/reinstalling. The feedback mentions that the issue is with running in Remote Desktop. But I am not running in Remote-Desktop (I also double checked with our IT guy). So it is something else, and it is definitely related to installing mBed-Studio AFTER Uninstalling mBed-Studio (using the mBed uninstall program). I believe that the uninstall program does not properly clean up everything, as after re-installing seems to remembe configurations, etc as well as giving the “[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license.”

[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license <==I checked this but did not see the problem/solution

Version 0.91 suddenly unlicensed <==I checked this but did not see the problem/solution

I also looked at the 2 links provided from the error message in Mbed-Studio, but did not see the issue or the fix there:
1> http://ds.arm.com/support/lic56/m10
2> Software Licensing – Arm Developer