Error: L6636E: Pre-processor step failed for 'BUILD/NUCLEO_F429ZI/ARMC6/.link_script.sct' Error: L6372E: Image needs at least one load region

Hi, I have created a new blinky program and am getting the following errors
Error: L6636E: Pre-processor step failed for 'BUILD/NUCLEO_F429ZI/ARMC6/.link_script.sct'
Error: L6372E: Image needs at least one load region.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled mbed studio multiple times as I am assuming it is a problem with the build

Update: after a bit of exploration across machines , it seems that the error occurs when a new ‘.cpp’ file is added to the program.

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Would you mind answering few questions? It will help us in investigation. It is weird than Arm Compiler is looking at temp folder.

1. Do you have your program located in ~/AppData\Local\Temp\p3538-3 folder?
  2. Do you have OneDrive enabled for the location of where your program is? That may explain the temp folder path.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Hi,
I don’t have a p3538-3 folder in the ~\Local\Temp, so I’m going with no?
I’m not quite sure what you mean by OneDrive enabled but there is a OneDrive account logged into the user, however the program is not stored on OneDrive.
cheers
Oscar

Hi Oscar,

Thank you. We will investigate it further. We’ve asked about OneDrive as it may create additional temp files during the sync process.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

1 Like

Would you mind sending us Studio logs? They will help us during the investigation. You can use a built-in report feature. You can find it in:

Menu->Help->Report an Issue

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team