Mbed-os-example-filesystem - Hard Fault when imported/compiled on Mbed Studio

Hello folks,

I’m trying to use the file system resources of mbed 6.5 and I’ve started from mbed-os-example-filesystem. This example compiles with no error on online compiler as well as on Mbed studio, however the binary code generated form Mbed studio generates a Hard Fault when it is executed. The binary code generated from on-line compiler works with no problems.

Is there any special procedure to import a project into Mbed Studio that could generate this error? I’m trying to migrate from online compiler to Mbed Studio, however I’m not figuring out why error like that are happening.
Could someone give me some clue about that?

Hi @rafael210,

Could you let us know the target your are using? We will investigate it using the same board. Online Compiler and Mbed Studio uses a different version of Arm Compiler (6.13 vs 6.14). It may explain the difference in behaviour you are seeing.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

It is a LPC1768. I’ve missed it in the error screenshot above. thank you @JohnnyK for pointing me at it :+1:

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Hi Arek, thank you for your reply. I’ve tested on a LPC1768 (firmware=141212). This is the link that I used to import at Mbed Studio (1.3.1)

And this is the console output after upload the program:

Thank you.

Sorry, I forgot the link, here it is: GitHub - ARMmbed/mbed-os-example-filesystem: The Mbed OS file system example

Hi Arek, were you able to reproduce this error? Is there any chance to have a solution soon?
Thanks

Hi Arek, do you already have any suggestions about overcoming this issue?
Thanks,

1 Like