Mbed OS on Arduino Due

Hi,

I am quite new to the all the microcontroller stuff.
I am currently running an Arduino Due. I saw, that the newer Arduino boards are running Mbed OS and on top the Arduino-core library to make Arduino libraries compatible.

I wonder if it is possible to do the same with an Arduino Due?
I found a few older posts talking about running Mbed OS on Arduino, but it all does not feel mature.
Is it now possible and supported?

Thanks

Hello,

from my point of view, you have to ask this question on the Arduino forum or Arduino developers.
New target is usually ported (to Mbed) by its owners/creators.

• Portenta H7 is based on STM32H7 series. So Portenta inherits from the source what was already done by the ST here under the Mbed.
  • Arduino Nano 33BLE is based on nRF52840. So that also inherits from the source what was already done by Nordic (or someone else, I am not sure).

Arduino DUE is based on an Atmel Cortex-M3 and there are no Atmel currently supported. There were supported some Atmels in the past, but not Cortex-M3.

Port process overview - Porting | Mbed OS 6 Documentation

What I read about connection between Arduino and Mbed, the benefits are only on side of Arduino. Arduino probably can use many/all Mbed boards under its environment, also with its libraries but not vice versa.

I’m not a professional but that’s how I understand it.

BR, Jan

Thanks for your explanation.
It is getting clearer to me :slight_smile:

The reason why I would like to use Arduino on top of Mbed OS is primarily for compatibility reason.
Arduino does have a lot of libraries, that would be great to use on Mbed OS.
That said, I am currently bound to the Cortex-M3 on an Arduino Due compatible board. It seems there is no easy way out … :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for your help.

Not sure if you came across this online but there is a very old write up from mbed os 2 days in the “cookbook” that may be able to guide you: Arduino Due - Cookbook | Mbed

Thanks, I already saw it and I basically understand each step. Even if I could make it work, I am afraid that the solution is not reliable and at least not supported. If I have any problem, I probably barely find help :slight_smile: That’s why I was wondering if there came up any mature solution in the meantime.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing me to the article.