Mbed studio 1.2 won't detect platform

The log keeps getting rejected, even when I change to .txt

Do you mind saying what the"special cmsis-dap interface firmware" is? I have never got debugging to work with this board

Do we know when a patch will be available? If I go back to 1.1.0, every time I exit, it upgrades(sic) to 1.2.0 which doesn’t work with my board!

I now have an impossible situation:

1. Studio 1.2 won’t work with my board
  2. Going back to 1.1, python needs updating or it doesn’t work
  3. After updating Studio has to be restarted
  4. Restart goes to 1.2

HELP!

Hi @roberthewitt

Issue:
We understand the problem and are implementing a fix. As we suspected this issue is limited only to LPC1768 on Windows platform. A new patched version of Studio should be available till the end of this week.

Auto-update:
As I mentioned above it is not possible to postpone indefinitely an auto-update of Studio from the UI (it was a decision we made). That being said until this issue is resolved you can disable auto-update by following these steps:

1. Uninstall Mbed Studio 1.2 (your workspace with programs will not be removed)
  2. Install Mbed Studio 1.1 (you can still find it at https://studio.mbed.com/installers/latest/win/MbedStudio-1.1.0.exe)
  3. At the end of installation please deselect an option to start Studio
  4. Navigate into Mbed Studio installation folder (on Windows default installation folder for the current user is in ~\AppData\Local\Programs\Mbed Studio)
  5. Rename app-update.yml file inside resources folder to any other name
  6. Start 1.1.0 version of Studio

After following steps above your Studio IDE will no longer have auto-update enabled. I recommend disabling it only temporary as you will be missing new features in the future! To enable it back simply rename the file back to app-update.yml.

LPC1768 interface
As you know Mbed Studio and Mbed tools support multiple interface firmwares. Two popular ones are:

mbed LPC1768, however, is using a unique firmware that hasn’t been updated for some time. That’s why you see quite many issues with deploying and debugging on this board. We are currently working on updating the firmware on this board. It should resolve some of the issues and potentially bring new functionalities in the future (like webUSB, present in DAPLink).

Once again apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Hello,

Just update to 1.2, and now I can compile but not Run a program!!!

If there is MBED disk displayed in the file manager try to program your board using the drag&drop or copy&paste method (copy the binary from the build folder and paste it to the MBED disk). This method is used to program the board when building with the online compiler. Make sure you push and release the RESET button to run the new program.

Best regards, Zoltan

1 Like

Yes. Zoltan is correct. Drag and drop of the binary should still work correctly. Unfortunately, to enable serial monitor you will have to either downgrade to version 1.1.0 or wait a little bit longer for a 1.2.1.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Thanks for all the very good advice.

Now all I need is someone to fix my other problem:

Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem but with a different board:
Windows
FRDM-K66F.

After downgrading back to 1.1.0 it does work again.

Best regards

Hi roberthewitt,

I have exactly the same problem. The board is LPC1768, system is Windows 10.
To go round the problem pending a fix, I push the compiled .bin file into the mbed usb drive to run the program.

Thanks. I do that!

It stopped detecting my platform SDP-K1.

Hi @JoeLowtech, @Glennon, @asewa,

Issues with boards discovery in Mbed Studio 1.2.0 were connected with change of the library used for target detection. We resolved this issue and a fix for it will be released next week with version 1.2.1. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, if your target runs DAPLink, updating the firmware to the latest version should resolve target detection in Mbed Studio 1.2.0.
Detection of LPC1768, LPC11U24 and Cypress boards will be resolved in Studio version 1.2.1.

DAPLink firmware: https://armmbed.github.io/DAPLink/

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Thanks for that.

BTW do you happen to know if the LPC1768 runs DAPLink? I’ve never been successful getting debugging to work, so development is slow.

Regards

Robert

Hi all,

Mbed Studio 1.2.1 was released today. It contains fixes for target detection on several boards, including LPC1768, LPC11U24, Cypress boards and devices with outdated DAPLINK firmware.

The automatic update should roll out over the next day or so, otherwise you can uninstall and download the new version from here: https://os.mbed.com/studio/.

Thanks,

Matthew
Mbed Studio team

1 Like

Hi @mgordon01 ,

Just wanted to confirm that the updated Mbed Studio is indeed talking to my LPC1768 board as it was before the 1.2.0 update. Many thanks for the quick fix!

All the best,

Conor

Hi Arek,

Confirmed my LPC1768 board can be detected, can compile & run. Many thanks for the fix.

Regards
Glennon

I have a nrf-52840dk running j-link firmware that is no longer being detected, even on 1.2.1

Hello,

after updating to 1.2.1 th FRDM K66F is detected again and everything is working so far.

Thanks to the team for the fix.

Hello,
unfortunately it is not working for LPC4088 DM board too. So the instruction for 1.1 still is actual now.

The true path for app-update.yml file is ~\Program Files\Mbed Studio\resources