NE5532 and NE5534 are two famous operational amplifiers. Their names are similar. Are they the same? What are the differences between them? In this article, Magi will tell you about them in detail.
What is NE5532?
The NE5532 is a Dual Low Noise Op-Amp in an 8-pin package commonly used as amplifiers in audio circuits for its noise immunity and high output drive capability. The Op-Amp is internally compensated for high unity gain with maximum output swing bandwidth, low distortion, and high slew rate.
NE5532 can be Alternated by RC4588 , [ LM358 ], [ LM4558 ], [ NJM4560 ], and [ LM258 ].
NE5534 belongs to a group of single high-performance low noise operational amplifiers . Compared to other operational amplifiers, such as TL083, they show better noise performance, improved output drive capability, and considerably higher small-signal and power bandwidths. This makes the devices especially suitable for application in high-quality and professional audio equipment, instrumentation and control circuits, and telephone channel amplifiers. The IC has a wide range of working voltages and directly interfaces with both passive and active electronic components; making it ideal to be used with any device.
NE5532 vs NE5534: Difference in Features
- Available in PDIP , SOIC , and other packages
- Very low noise circuitry
- Low distortion
- Fast slew rate
- Protection diodes are used at the input
- Short circuit protection at the output
- High DC voltage gain
- Free from latch-up
- Contain dual op-amps in a single package
- Low cost and reliable
- Performs best as an audio preamplifier
- Operated from single and dual supply
- Equivalent Input Noise Voltage 3.5 nV/√Hz Typ
- Unity-Gain Bandwidth 10 MHz Typ
- Common-Mode Rejection Ratio 100 dB Typ
- High DC Voltage Gain 100 V/ mV Typ
- Peak-to-Peak Output Voltage Swing 32 V Typ
- With VCC ± = ±18 V and RL = 600 Ω
- High Slew Rate 13 V/µs Typ
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range ±3 V to ±20 V
- Low Harmonic Distortion
- Offset Nulling Capability
- External Compensation Capability
- AV Receivers
- Embedded PCs
- Video Broadcasting and Infrastructure: Scalable Platforms
- DVD Recorders and Players
- Multichannel Video Transcoders
- Pro Audio Mixers
- Audio Equipment
- Instrumentation and Control Circuits
- Telephone Channel Amplifiers
- Medical Equipment