Program not getting imported from mbed OLC

Hi, another issue I have is I am unable to import one of my programs to the Keil Cloud compiler. In the import mbed programs dialog box in the Keil Cloud compiler, the program in question is not even listed. I do note that only 33 programs appear in the dialog box list of programs to import - the one I want to import is the latest one I’ve been working on so it would be number 34 - is there perhaps a limit to the number of programs that can be imported?

Hello @andrewcrussell. There shouldn’t be a limit on the number of programs you can import - I’ve seen much longer lists import correctly. Is there anything different about this program from the others (is it git rather than Mercurial? Is it much larger than the others? Different OS version?)

If you only saw this problem over the weekend it’s possible it relates to an authentication issue we saw. Probably worth trying again today if so.

Alternatively, you can export the program by right clicking the program and choosing ‘Export’. Set the output as Zip and then drag and drop the directory in to Keil Studio.

Thanks Wil. Its a program written in the basic mbed compiler - about 600 lines of code incl comments. The other programs (also all written in the basic mbed compiler) came across, but not this one for some reason.

I’m reading through all this stuff now and trying to figure it out. I’ll try your suggestion using the zip file.

Thanks for your feedback - appreciate it

BR

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

can you please send the zip file containing your program to studio@mbed.com ? This would help us with the investigation of your issue.

Thank you very much,

Federico - Mbed Studio team

Federico,

Can I just send you the links to the repository? (public)

Rgds

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

yes, please. You can also post it here if you prefer.

Thank you very much.

Both of thee would not come across (not listed in the Keil Studio dialog box)

AppleRemoteController - This preamplifier controller uses the Apple TVrem… | Mbed

AppleRemoteController - This preamplifier controller uses the Apple TVrem… | Mbed

Regards

Andrew

I think the issue is that these two repos are libraries rather than programs. Are you able to add to a KSC program by following the instructions on this thread:

Hi Andrew,

I think you posted twice the same link twice, but from what I see the AppleRemoteController you linked is not as a valid program. I think if you try to compile that program on the Mbed Online Compiler you should see a failure.

The problem is that this program doesn’t include mbed-os as a dependency. This is also how we filter valid programs during the import process to KSC.

If you just want to reuse the library included there in a program on KSC you can use the instructions linked by Will Lord using the URL of the library RC5_AndrewR - An RC5 decoder and preamp controller. Written on… | Mbed .

Hope this helps,

1 Like

Frederico,

this program compiles on the mbed compiler - its running successfully on a standalone application board. The problem of it not appearing in the dialog box has been there since I first tried to pull it across - c. a month or two now. Maybe the link I sent you is at fault - let me try again shortly.

rgds

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

my mistake. The program you linked can indeed build and deploy but its structure is not the one we would normally expect.

Normally we would expect a program to have both a main file and a reference to mbed os. In this case instead the program you linked seems to only reference another program (RC5_AndrewR) as a library. This second program contains a main file and a reference to mbed os.

Can you please explain what was the reason behind this program structure? Why are you not using RC5_AndrewR directly?

Thank you very much.

Federico,
This is down to my lack of knowledge - I’ve just used the straight mbed compiler. The .h file was probably taken from one of the example files and renamed by me (going back 7 yrs now).

How do I add the mbed OS to main.cpp? I understand I will have to use the bare metal config as I’m using LPC1114/LPC800/LPC11U24

(I’m setting up Mbed Studio at the minute - I’m probably going to go down this route)

Thanks

Andrew

How do I add the mbed OS to main.cpp? I understand I will have to use the bare metal config as I’m using LPC1114/LPC800/LPC11U24

Hello,

I’d suggest you post your Mbed OS related questions in the Mbed OS category.
Have you checked this page on the bare metal profile? Using the bare metal profile - Mbed OS bare metal profile | Mbed OS 6 Documentation

Thank you.

Thank you - I will try that

BR
Andrew

Hello Wil,

how do I bring all the sub files (eg .h files) across? do I have to do each one individually or is there a short cut to bring the all the files related to a project across. I’ve done what you said, but only main.cpp comes across - the .h files specific to the program do not come across. - see example in the image.

Rgds

Andrew

Hi Andrew. Did this happen when you tried to import as a library or when you tried to use the Online Compiler → Keil Studio import interface?

Wil, its happened in Keil Studio

BR

Andrew

Hello Wil, its sorted from my side. I’ll close this off - I just wasn’t looking at it properly. Apologies.

1 Like

Just to make sure I’ve understood this, the steps were:

1. Open the Online Compiler import UI in Keil Studio:

1. Select ika_shouyu_poppoyaki as the program to import
  • Did you only select a single project or did you select multiple?
  1. When the program copied across only the main.cpp was included
  • Did libraries and other program folders get copied successfully?
  • Did any other .cpp files get copied?
  • If you copied multiple projects did any of the work as expected or did they all have this same problem?

Thanks,

Will

Glad you got this sorted. Let us know if you come across any other issues.

Will