Some potential inconsistencies in the documentation

Hello,

While studying the documentation I came across some potential inconsistencies :

1. On Use - Build tools | Mbed OS 6 Documentation

The command says:

cmake -S . -B cmake_build -GNinja -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=<profile>

but because mbed-tools configure puts the mbed_config.cmake file in cmake_build/<target>/develop/<toolchain>, I guess that the command should rather be :

cmake -S . -B cmake_build/<target>/develop/<toolchain> -GNinja -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=<profile>

At least this is what I had to do to get the expected result.

1. In https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/blob/master/docs/design-documents/tools/cmake.md#configuration

the document says :

This will output mbed_config.cmake in a directory named .mbedbuild at the root of the program tree.

but according to my tests, the directory is rather named cmake_build/<target>/develop/<toolchain> (as above)

1. On Workflow - Contributing | Mbed OS 6 Documentation

You make several mentions to the forum, but the URL is the one of an archived forum. Perhaps this is done on purpose and the link to the new forum is anyhow easy to find, but maybe it would be good to point to the new forum.

1. On documentation pages

You have a link at the top right offering to send an e-mail to “docs-mbed@arm.com”. I did it, but the mail came back with the following error message : “The group docs-mbed only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn’t on the list.”…

NOTE)

This is my first contribution to mbed-os, so let me know if this is the proper way to do it.

Best regards,

Jacques

3 Likes

Hi Jacques,

you may need to be logged into os.mbed.com in order to view some of the content. That link works perfectly well for me…

I would suggest raising issues on GitHub (or even better a pull request if you know what it should say).

Regards
Anna