'update all' lost recent changed to main.cpp

Accidentally hit “update all” on my project in the online compiler rather than “update” for a library and lost 3 days work :-(.

Anyone know if there is a way to recover the last compiled version?

Lesson learnt, commit more often, but some form of auto backup would be a good addition to the environment.

Thanks,
Mark Leman

Hi Mark,

We keep some backups which include user projects that we may be able to recover your changes from. If you could confirm the name of the project and roughly when you lost your changes, either here or private message me, then I will check whether it can be recovered.

Sam

2 Likes

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the reply and I hope you are able to recover the file for me. The project is called “RF_decode_experiment” and I lost the changes at about 15:00GMT yesterday (16/4/2020).

Thanks again.
Regards,
Mark Leman

Hi Mark,

I have gone ahead and restored that project from our closest backup into a new project which you can access. The recovered project starts with the same name followed by the time at which the backup was taken, the closest one being just past midnight (UTC) on 16/04/2020. From there you can recover your files as you wish, either copying them or committing your changes to version control.

If you have an issues accessing the recovered project then let me know.

Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam,
Thank you very much :grinning:

Now I can get back to the original problem I was trying to solve when I hit “update all” by mistake, which is to work out why it says ‘documentation not ready’ for the mbed library on many of my old projects.

Regards,
Mark Leman