Using CMSIS with Online Compiler

What is the correct way to use CMSIS-DSP and CMSIS-NN with the Mbed Online Compiler? I tried importing the 5.6.0 release (Release CMSIS 5.6.0 · ARM-software/CMSIS_5 · GitHub), but when I go to compile I get the following error:

Error: Cannot open source input file “arm_cmse.h”: No such file or directory in “CMSIS_5/CMSIS/Core/Template/ARMv8-M/main_s.c”, Line: 26, Col: 23

When I Google the error message, the top result is this archived forum post from a year ago where someone else tried the same thing, got the same error, and did not get a response: CMSIS_5 and MBED error - Question | Mbed

Is there something else that I should be using or doing? My target is the FRDM-K64F.

Bump. Is there perhaps a newer workflow I should be switching over to, in order to have access to CMSIS kernels (e.g., DSP/NN) or improved variants thereof on various ARM MCUs?

Bump. Should I file this as an issue on GitHub instead?

Bump. Is there another forum or resource for compiling CMSIS code for various targets?

Hi Aaron,

Perhaps this post might have some useful pointers in it? CMSIS DSP support forthcoming? - #3 by aaronminner

Thanks,
Joe