CMSIS Target nor recognised

Im trying to get to grips with Keil Studio, coming from the basic mbed on line compiler. I use very basic controllers (LPC1114, LPC8xxx for deeply embedded applications doing I/O control, A-D etc.

I tried to compile one of my shorter programs and get this error ‘CMSIS Target nor recognised’. I’m using an LPC1114

I note that on very short I/O test programs, I can compile OK. None of my compiled programs ( i.e. .bin file) on the mbed compiler exceeds c. 8k.

Can someone point me in the direction I need to go to resolve the error message?

Thanks

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

usually is good to share steps how to reproduce your issue.

However, when you wil do steps below…

• Go to FileNew...Mbed Project → Here select template example - mbed-os-example-blinky-baremetal and click Add project
  • Type LPC1114 into Target hardware combobox
  • Click Build button
link mbed-os-example-blinky-baremetal.LPC1114
L3912W: Option 'legacyalign' is deprecated.
elf2bin mbed-os-example-blinky-baremetal.LPC1114
post-build mbed-os-example-blinky-baremetal.LPC1114
Build succeeded

If the blinky example will be working then do step forward and try modify this template according to your project

I do not know if this is necerry also for LPC1114 - Firmware LPC1114FN28 - | Mbed

BR, Jan

Jan, so if I understand correctly, when I use the blinky example and select mbed LPC1114, it builds a bare metal profile that I can use for my programs (obviously after pasting in my main code and .h files)?

Andrew

Exactly! But the code what you paste into this project must be Mbed OS6 compatible.

BR, Jan

Thank you! Got it