Version control is not available at this time

Hi,
I’m working on Windows with Mbed Studio 0.8 and git 2.24.1.
When i’m trying to enter the Git pane, the only message I get is: “Version control is not available at this time”.

Thanks.

Ahoj,

you need first a project placed on github or from github.
For example File > Import Program…>GitHub - ARMmbed/mbed-os-example-blinky: Blinky example for Mbed OS 6.0
Then will be active.

BR, Jan

Hi Daniel,

@JohnnyK is correct. You most likely see this message as you created a program using Menu->File->New Program. A program created that way is just a source code. It doesn’t have SCM repository set up.

We are finishing a work in Mbed Studio that will allow you to easily associate your program with a remote repository of your choice. It will allow you to publish a code on Code | Mbed or any other git repository provider (for example GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket). We hope that it will be enabled in upcoming 0.9.0 release.

Until then you can set it up yourself. You can create a new repository on os.mbed.com (https://os.mbed.com/code/create) or any git providers (for example GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket) and use mercurial or git to associate your program with it. After that SCM panel in Mbed Studio will work for you and will enable you to perform most SCM operations including merge and push.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team