Exporting from Web compiler to MBED Studio

Hello All.

I am trying to use Mbed Studio for my development.
I’ve created several programs on the web based compiler.

What is the best we to get them into Mbed Studio? What export options should I use?

Thanks

G

Hi Greg,

The “File - Import Program” menu allows you to import your Online Compiler projects, but they must first be published to your code area. If you aren’t familiar with publishing your projects, please see:

You can experiment by importing an old project that I just published by using this URL:

There is a problem with the Import operation on Windows for some users, so this is being treated as a critical defect.

If it’s not working for you, then you can export from the Online Compiler to a zip file, unzip it, create an empty Mbed Studio project and then drag and drop your source files into the project.

Regards,
Ralph, Team Mbed

Hi Ralph!

Is there any other way to do this?

The code I have in my private area is still an idea that needs further debugging (this is why I am moving to the mbed Studio). If I go to publish the code, I have to commit my changes and I am not 100% sure yet if I will stick with them or if I would do thing some other way after more tests.

Regards,
Claudio

In case anyone lands here,
One simple solution I use is to create a new empty program for your target, then create new folders and files as you have in you online setup and simple copy and paste the code into the corresponding folders and files.
Providing your code compiled online then there should be no errors and will compile.

Check your targets some smaller ones will need "requires": ["bare-metal"] in your mbed_app.json file.