Infineon 4800: Cannot enter debug mode via ULINK2 debug adapter

Hello,

The Problem:
I have a custom board made with the Infineon 4800 series processor. I’m working in Keil uVision studio IDE, and the debug adapter is a ULINK2. Previously I was able to debug and flash my code fine via the ULINK, however it suddenly stopped working. Nothing was changed in the hardware setup before it stopped working. I can confirm that all ports are wired correctly, and that the ULINK adapter works properly (flashed a separate dev kit to confirm this).

What I’ve Tried:
I had one more custom board with a Blinky application loaded available. I attempted to flash the new code on that board, however I could not access debug mode once again. This suggests that it is not a software related issue.
I also tried all possible options for the connect & reset debug settings, but no success.

The connection between the ULINK2 and Infineon processor is all completely fine, so I don’t understand why this is happening. I have attached an image with the error message displayed before my debugger stopped working.

Thanks,
Valeri

To add to this, I also attempted to decrease the clock speeds in the debug settings. Still did not work.

Hi,

This is probably not related to the Keil Studio Cloud, but Keil MDK-ARM.
I think you’d better to ask the Arm community Keil forum here:
https://community.arm.com/support-forums/f/keil-forum