Latest mbed TLS v2.16.4 release is missing updated version information

Hi all,

Last Friday I downloaded the latest version of mbed TLS from tls.mbed.org being v2.16.4.
(Mbed TLS - Trusted Firmware)

I noticed this version is not available as a release on GitHub - Mbed-TLS/mbedtls: An open source, portable, easy to use, readable and flexible TLS library, and reference implementation of the PSA Cryptography API..

Looking at the changelog the second line reads:
= mbed TLS 2.16.x branch released xxxx-xx-xx

Furthermore the following files have outdated version info (saying it is v2.16.3):
./doxygen/mbedtls.doxyfile
./include/mbedtls/version.h

Probably someone forgot to update the version information, which can happen, but I’m curious if the rest of the changes are validated and worthwhile for integration within my product.
Or is it better to wait for v2.16.5 when it’s published on both tls.mbed.org and GitHub - Mbed-TLS/mbedtls: An open source, portable, easy to use, readable and flexible TLS library, and reference implementation of the PSA Cryptography API.?

Keep up the good work and kind regards,

Robert

HI @Roberto74
Thank you for reporting this!
Yes, this was an oversite where we missed updating the version.
As you can see from Bump version to Mbed TLS 2.16.4 by yanesca · Pull Request #2992 · Mbed-TLS/mbedtls · GitHub , we have updated the version in the LTS branch already.
All the other changes are validated and tested.
Regards,
Mbed TLS Support
Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your quick respons and I’ll have a look at the pull request to see the changes for updating the version info.

Kind regards,

Robert