LE Secure Connections Flag on Pairing Feature Exchange

Hi! I’m trying to implement LE Secure Connections on pairing two devices with BLE. However, I’m having problems with LE Secure Connections Flag on Pairing Feature Exchange. I’m using Wireshark to check the BLE packets and I saw that my device have the Secure Connections Flag in False on Security Manager Protocol and I’ dont know why, because I already check the documentation and the device supports LE Secure Connections method. I’m also used the function securityManager().getSecureConnectionsSupport() and achieved the same conclusion, the device supports this method. I’m using nRF52-DK boards. I thought there might be some kind of configuration for this flag to be activated but I’ve researched a lot about this issue and haven’t found any solution. So I would really appreciate any help or any comment regarding this issue.

1 Like

Hello,
I have the same issue. The Secure Connections flag is always 0 and the device refuses to set up a link security when I call allowLegacyPairing(false). I jumped into the implementation of the getSecureConnectionsSupport method and saw:
From this snippet, it looks like the Secure Connections feature is not supported at all. Can anyone from the mbed team give a comment what is the status of that?