LPC1114 Migrating from Mbed OLC to Keil

Hi, in line with the closing of the mbed online compiler, I’m trying to migrate a project from there to the Keil compiler. I’ve corrected the code errors (they were all around the ‘wait()’ function) but am now getting the following errors.

L3912W: Option ‘legacyalign’ is deprecated.
L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching …/…/build/mbed-os/cmsis/device/rtos/source/mbed_rtos_rtx.LPC1114.o(.bss._main_stack).

I am using the SwitchScience LPC1114 mbed board.

Is there a video covering this stuff. I’m not a ‘power’ user of programmer, so this is quite a steep learning curve.

Hello Andrew,

I do not know what MbedOS version you are using (Maybe MbedOS2?), but according to the reference to the wait function probably something older than MbedOS6+.

This could be ignored, nothing for you.

This is more interesting for you.
Board’s page mbed LPC1114FN28 | Mbed contains information about memory

The LPC1114FN28 includes up to 32 kB of flash memory, up to 4 kB of data memory

That seems to be very low for MbedOS, but if it is supported by MbedOS6+ then definitely need to be set Mbed OS bare metal profile

BR, Jan

1 Like

Thanks Jan - I will try this tomorrow. I’m just doing some quite simple I/O control stuff so don’t need a heavy duty processor (LPC1114 user since c. 2015).

BR

Andrew

Any luck?

I can see the target uses bare-metal and small std (mbed-os/targets.json at master · ARMmbed/mbed-os · GitHub).

As noted by Jan, the target is quite small with its size available.

Not yet Martin. I’ve installed Mbed Studio Just waiting for the workspace to get activated again (I see its offline while they fix some issues) and hopefully then my code will get replicated to my repository and I can get back to resolving the original issue.

I really want to get off the mbed compiler 100% i the next few weeks. I think there’ll be a rush come December.

BR

Andrew