Mbed OS - New Features

• Better, more informative, and up to date examples. Many existing ones use old APIs, and don’t actually compile anymore.
  • Support for SPI async DMA on STM32. Is this being worked on? This is important to know because if I prefer Mbed OS for my project, then I need to abandon my current hardware target (STM32H743) as son as possible if it’s unlikely to ever be implemented.

Hello Amelia,

how you can see my post above is more than year old and there is stil no reaction at all.

Unfortunately, Mbed OS is a maintenance mode from January 2022, the development of new features and bugfixes by ARM stopped. Bugfixes from community side are still being accepted, but nothing more.

Just for info, there were also started MbedCE (Mbed Community Edition) as a fork of ARM MbedOS .

BR, Jan

1 Like

I found out that @jasperswallen started on a port here: Comparing USCRPL:master...jasperswallen:dev/test-HAL-SPI_FullDuplex_ComDMA · USCRPL/mbed-cmake · GitHub

He hasn’t been able to get it working yet though.

1 Like

BLE mesh, MQTT work with Secure element and TLS1.3, Machine Learning,

There are several ‘old’ examples lying around, but some only work (if they work) with specific hardware.

I prefer Mbed OS for my project, then I need to abandon my current hardware target (STM32H743) as son as possible if it’s unlikely to ever be implemented..

Exciting news! Since so many people have asked for it here, and since USC RPL needed it for one of our own projects, I have started an effort to add true DMA SPI support to STM32 devices in Mbed CE. Currently I have it tested and working on STM32L4 and STM32H7, and will be working on adding more devices and performing additional testing in the coming days/weeks.

If you want to give it a shot, you can try my branch out here! [draft] DMA SPI support for STM32 devices by multiplemonomials · Pull Request #162 · mbed-ce/mbed-os · GitHub

5 Likes

The beautification settings of the page can be simpler.