Status of I/O in mbed 3.0

Hello,

I am excited about mbed 3.0 and all the new features. I am wondering about the current status of mbed 3.0 I/O functions. I’ve been reading all the docs and it’s hard to tell what is already working for specific features. Specifically, before downloading yotta and giving everything a try I would like to know if AnalogIn (A/D), AnalogOut (PWM), Serial, I2C, and Bluetooth are all working for the boards that are currently ported? Specifically, I would love if all these are working on the Nucleo F401RE, or at least the FRDM-K64F. Thanks!

Josh

Hi,

look at the mbed-drivers API - mbed-drivers/mbed-drivers at master · ARMmbed/mbed-drivers · GitHub, to see what’s there. There’s no BLE, which is a separate module - GitHub - ARMmbed/ble: API to abstract working with Bluetooth Smart Controllers

Both targets you named should provide support for pwmout, analogin, serial and i2c. However, there’s not i2c asynch support for F401RE target at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks! Sounds good.

I looked at the mbed-drivers API at the link you gave. I looks like mbed 2.0 functions. Will all these stay in 3.0? For example, can I still use Ticker, TimeOut, InterruptIn, etc.? It seems like 3.0 would use Minar instead of these? Also, are the synchronous versions of i2c and Serial still supported? Or do I have to use the async versions and Minar for 3.0?

I’m not sure what the future is for Ticker and TimeOut, but the mbed-os examples on the Getting Started documentation still use InterruptIn