Mbed OS Working Groups

Let’s discuss about the new working groups. Please ask any questions and see the currently running WGs below!

Hi Donatien,

It would be nice to add links to the current Working Groups in this post. I would like to improve the serial port support in Mbed adding XON/XOFF, control over the output signals would be nice as well as GPIO based signals like DTR.

BR

[Edited to use repo instead of teams, please see below]

Hi Thiago,

Here are the links to the two working groups we have at the moment:
Bluetooth Services

Nordic platforms

Regarding serial port support, do you think this is something that could be done through a PR, or woud it be a longer-running effort?

Cheers,

Don

@donatien
On my side both links you inserted 21 hours ago to those working groups lead to a 404 github.com page

same, they seem to be private groups.

He know that. I already informed him about it yesterday.

BR, Jan

Hi folks,

Thanks again for pointing out the issue and sorry about it (turns out, content that belongs to visible teams cannot be accessed externally)!

For the BLE service, we’re going to use the repo directly (Discussions · ARMmbed/mbed-os-experimental-ble-services · GitHub).

For Nordic platforms I’m hoping to get it resolved soon. We’re looking at options (maybe use a fork to collaborate).

Cheers,

Don

Hi again,

We’ve created a repo for the Nordic platforms WG, which has GitHub discussions enabled: Discussions · ARMmbed/mbed-os-wg-nordic-platforms · GitHub

Cheers,

Don

I think the serial changes are small enough that could be done in PR. I have some code ready but it till take me sometime to test it.

Perhaps we can start a working group dedicated to improvement of the HAL and hardware drivers? This would include the changes requested above for the serial.

1 Like

kudos for Github Discussions! They’re a great tool!

Please see this page for the Nordic platforms working group:

I have moved posts regarding the existing work I have done to update the Nordic HAL implementation to public discussions here.

If anyone is interested in joining a working group, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

I start a lot of features/projects that I never get the chance to finish. It’s much easier when there’s a number of people who you can work with and bounce ideas off of.

If you’re changing HAL stuff then this could also use a fix @aglass0fmilk SPI default write value not respected by async SPI · Issue #13941 · ARMmbed/mbed-os · GitHub

@MultipleMonomials would you like to be a founding member of the HAL/drivers working group :)?

Thanks for the offer, but I’m not sure I’d have the time or the experience for something like that…
Most of my contributions have been build system related, so if there was a build system / CMake working group I’d love to join that.

1 Like

@MultipleMonomials We’re still figuring out how working groups will actually function. My vision is that they don’t require a huge amount of devoted time – as much as you’re willing to put in. I see working groups as mainly a place for concentrated discussion about a particular topic. Those with more time to devote to a given working group can focus on implementing what is discussed. Your input is just as valuable to the goals of a working group.

This goes for anyone interested in joining/starting a working group.

In that case, sure, I’d be interested in joining the HAL group

@donatien (cc @MultipleMonomials ) Would it be possible to create a Tools/CMake working group?

A lot of discussions would be better suited for this group instead of using the forum or the github issues/pull requests.

Opening discussions on GitHub - ARMmbed/mbed-os: Arm Mbed OS is a platform operating system designed for the internet of things would be great for that :slight_smile:

This makes sense @ladislas!

@Kojto, @jaeden and myself had a quick chat and enabled Discussions · ARMmbed/mbed-tools · GitHub to gather discussions on tools and CMake.

Cheers,

Don

1 Like

That’s perfect! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: