MBed Studio 1.3 - Open workspace issue

Hi,

I’ve installed the v1.3 and cannot open my programs anymore.
The “Open Workspace” doesn’t open a folder anymore but Theia or VSCode workspace files !
As I don’t have those files, how can I open a program from its folder as previous ?

Thanks.
Frédéric

Hi Frédéric,

Mbed Studio 1.3.0 should still allow you to pick a folder to open as a workspace from the File > Open Workspace menu, so this is probably a bug.

What operating system are you running? Also, is there a workspace currently open in the UI, or are you seeing a message that there is no workspace open?

Thanks for the report,
Matthew

I’m under Windows 10 pro 2004.
File > Open Workspace menu is only trying to open a file and not a folder.
By default it opens the default workspace “Mbed programs”, if I remove them it indicates that no workspace is opened and shows a “Open folder” button under the build profile combo box, but if I click on it nothing happen => Cannot still open a workspace.
My workaround was to modify the recentworkspace.json (in C:\Users\fnu\AppData\Local\Mbed Studio ) to add my program folder…

Thanks
Frédéric

Thanks for the update.

Could you check if the “Support Multi Root Workspace” preference is set for you please? You can open preferences from File > Settings.

If so, does unsetting it fix your issue?

When I set it on my machine, I see the same behaviour that you do. I think this preference should not be exposed.

Thanks,
Matthew
Mbed Studio team

Well done !
That was the problem.
Now the Open Workspace menu let me choose a folder and not a file !

Thanks.
Frédéric

1 Like