MBED Studio 1.4.3 not automatically updating

I opened MBED Studio for the first time in six months and it fails to compile with no changes in configuration, generating the following:

Compile [100.0%]: main.cpp
[ERROR] armclang: error: Failed to check out a license.
The license has expired.

My understanding is MBED Studio should automatically update. The latest version appears to be 1.4.4; however, my system remains at 1.4.3. I’ve tried logging out and back into my mbed account through mbed studio and restarting the application; however, it remains at 1.4.3 producing the compilation error.

I’m running MacOS Monterey 12.6.

What happens when you do a check for updates (in Help menu)

To be precise there is no option Help → Check for updates:

Selecting Help → Check for tools updates…

shows a list of the tools under MBED Studio, but not MBED Studio itself.

So I am not aware of a method through the MBED Studio menus to invoke a check for updates of MBED Studio itself.

Hi Gordon,

The auto update mechanism has changed for Mbed Studio. The old mechanism was disabled approximately 2 months ago and 1.4.3 is configured to use the old mechanism. Since you haven’t used Mbed Studio in the last 6 months it isn’t able to initiate an auto update from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4. So on this occasion you will have to uninstall your existing version and perform a clean install by downloading the relevant installer from Mbed Studio | Mbed.

Your mbed projects will be unaffected by this re-installation.

Note that auto update will work as normal with any future versions of Mbed Studio from 1.4.4.

Regards,
Kanthan

Kanthan,

I have an MBED account, linked to my e-mail address. ARM knows which version of MBED Studio I’m running - I would suggest that ARM should have sent out an e-mail blast with a ? 30-day ? warning.

Regards,

Gordon