Mbed Sutdio example project importing libraries failed

Importing example project into mbed studio shows failed to import mbed os libraries. trying to import the below project. Previous it was working.

Hi Tomal,

We are not aware of any issues with import from os.mbed.com. Would you mind reporting this issue inside Mbed Studio using Help->Report an Issue? Please also attach logs to the email. That will help us in investigating this issue.
In the meantime you can also try to import from: GitHub - ARMmbed/mbed-os-example-blinky: Blinky example for Mbed OS 6.0

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

Hi i have a similar issue, import of mbed–os STM32_Print_PC, when importing libs, it just stays in 0% for ever… is there a known issue?

Ahoj Abel Moreno,

can you share with us, what exactly link you tried to import ?
I recommand to first check how old an example is and if the example is already based on MbedOS5 and not on MbedOS2. The MbedOS2 is not supported by the MbedStudio so that is probably the problem.

When I tried to import this old example which is based on the old MbedOS 2, then the Mbed studio stay stuck in “Importing libraries 0%” forever.

When I tried to import this old example which is also old but based on the MbedOS 5.4.3, then the Mbed studio has no problem with importing. Of course the Mbed OS library is needed to be updated to latest version before compilation.

@arekzaluski a validity check of imported source before importing start, can be a solution how to avoid this.

BR, Jan

Hi Abel, Jan,

Yes, Mbed Studio Desktop version is designed to be used with Mbed OS 5. The best support is however with Mbed OS 5.12.0 and higher as this is the first version that is officially supported in Arm Compiler 6 shipped with Mbed Studio.
@Abelmqueralto please take a look at how to migrate your program to Mbed OS 5: Migrating to Mbed OS 5 - Tutorials | Mbed OS 5 Documentation
Bare metal version of Mbed OS 5 may also be useful to you: Introduction - Reference | Mbed OS 5 Documentation.

@JohnnyK I like the idea of adding additional checks for Mbed OS 2. We are also thinking about having an automated migration from Mbed OS 2 to Mbed OS 5 built-in in Mbed Studio. No timeframe for it have been decided yet.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

1 Like