Target DISCO_L053C8 not found in targets.json file

I have just started trying DISCO_L053C8 and compiled the first blinky which worked well. However I wanted to make use of mbed_app.json to configure a few things. When I introduced the file, there was no error whilst compiling but the file didn’t make any difference. I checked the targets.json file and surprisingly I didn’t find the target DISCO_L053C8 in the file. How can I use the mbed_app.json for DISCO_L053C8?

Hello,

you can not found it because DISCO-L053C8 is supported only in version of MbedOS lower then 6. So the latest possible seems to be MbedOS 5.15.7, and because it is low memory target then probably only with bare metal profile = without RTOS and some more features.

target.json of MbedOS 5.15.7
Documentation for MbedOS 5.15

BR, Jan

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am using mBed OS 2, online. I want to use “target_overrides” to disable STDIO-uart. How do I do that?

The device runs on the internal RC oscillator by default. However the pins for the oscillator in and out connections, PHO and PH1 are not available as GPIO. How can I make use of it as GPIO?

I do not know how it was done in Mbed2

{
    "target_overrides": {
        "*": {
             "target.stdio_uart_tx": "NC",
             "target.stdio_uart_rx": "NC",
        }
    }
}

SSDOUT pins

I am not sure If I understand but I recommend to visit the ST web side for User Manual and look for PH0 (mbed mask PH_0)and PH1 (mbed mask PH_1). In section 4.2 on page 22 for example.
Oscilator pins

BR, Jan

Hi John

Mbed 2 is also obsolete so there is no support available for it…

Regards
Anna

Thank you. In the mean time switched over to Mbed OS 5.15.6 and started using Mbed Studio. Now my concern is DISCO_L053C8 device runs on the internal RC oscillator by default. However the pins for the oscillator in and out connections, PHO and PH1 are not available as GPIO. How can I make use of it as GPIO?