Updated libraries now get Error about FPU Nucleo f103rb

Using the latest version of Mbed studio and Mbed Os 6.13 or 5.15.7 I get this error when trying to use a Nucleo f103rb. Currently, just a blank OS with include Mbed.h
“In included file: “Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)””
is the Nucleo F103RB no longer supported since it doesn’t have a hardware FPU?

3 Likes

If you are using CMake, this issue can be caused by switching processor targets without deleting your build directory to force CMake to reconfigure. More generally, it indicates that something is wrong with your compile flags.

how do I know if Mbed is using cmake or how to configure it? I am using it as set up from the box I actually tried a fresh install on a different computer same issue.

Sorry I am a bit of noob to this I’ve done a few projects but by no means an expert.

1 Like

The nucleo f070 has the same problem.

1 Like

Hello,

from my point of view, if you are not experienced user, then just forget the cmake.

However, I tried to compile it

• Online compiler - Compilation OK, .bin file was generated
  • Mbed Studio - Compilation OK, .bin file was generated but error occurred
  • Keil Studio online - Compilation OK, .bin file was generated but error occurred

Error: In included file: “Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU clang(check __FPU_PRESENT)”

{
	"resource": "file:///c%3A/Users/O/Mbed%20Programs/mbed-os-example-blinky/main.cpp",
	"owner": "file:///c%3A/Users/O/Mbed%20Programs/mbed-os-example-blinky/main.cpp",
	"code": "pp_hash_error",
	"severity": 1,
	"message": "In included file: \"Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)\"",
	"source": "clang",
	"startLineNumber": 5,
	"startColumn": 9,
	"endLineNumber": 5,
	"endColumn": 17
}

It seems like it is not from compiler but from clang what have a problem with something again.
Just for curious I tried to compile it also with GCC under MbedStudio and instead of the error I had another two different errors and also it seems to be from clang.

So it seems it si more related to MbedStudio than MbedOS.

BR, Jan

1 Like

@mgordon01 @arekzaluski any advice for this issue?

BR, Jan

I am having the same issue with a Nucleo L152RE and MBed OS 6.13 or 6.15

Also same issue here with Mbed NXP LPC1768.

Fresh install of Mbed Studio tried on two machines (Win7+Win10) using the standard Blinky example. No problem when using the online compiler.

Any suggestions for a solution?

{
“resource”: “file:///c%3A/Users/td/Mbed%20Programs/mbed-os-example-blinky/main.cpp”,
“owner”: “file:///c%3A/Users/td/Mbed%20Programs/mbed-os-example-blinky/main.cpp”,
“code”: “pp_hash_error”,
“severity”: 1,
“message”: “In included file: "Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)"”,
“source”: “clang”,
“startLineNumber”: 5,
“startColumn”: 9,
“endLineNumber”: 5,
“endColumn”: 17
}

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with a FRDM-kl25Z
Is it something that is being worked on or is there a solution?

Sill not fixed. Lack of a solution makes mbed studio pretty much useless for any devices without hard fp.

2 Likes

Hi all!

Same issue here with NUCLEO-F091RC. Code compiles normally and works normally, but the error is displayed. Is there any fix in progress?

2 Likes

Hi All,
Same issue here with Mbed LPC1768. Any solution???
Cant compile anything

Many Thanks

Hey. I was having the same error. I kept ctrl-clicking on the red underlined code to go to the source of the error. I finally got to macros-armclang.cfg with the line #define __ARM_FP 0x06.

I guess there are better ways to solve this issue, but putting the line

#undef __ARM_FP

before any includes in my source files, fixed this problem for me.

2 Likes

Hi, do you use mbed lpc1768 ?