Compile issue: 'Unknown action post-build'

Hi everyone,

I have a problem compiling my code. I have as result ‘Unknown action post-build’ before the message ‘Success!’.
All the codes, that worked before, are not working now when the compile output is uploaded on my LPC1768.
How can I solve this issue?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Luca

Hello,

maybe would be good to share the MbedOS version and also any info about what you change between working and not working state.

Otherwise you can check old similar questions - Search | Mbed

BR, Jan

I am using the online Mbed compiler v 1.10.25.0.
The code that was working till last month (without changes) is not working anymore now.
Is it possible that Mbed has an error in the new compiler version? How can I ask to fix it?

Thank you

I have checked old similar questions and I have not found a solution.

I not asking about the Online compiler version but about MbedOS library version what you use in your project and whether you changed it.

BR, Jan

Hi Jan,

I have not changed the MbedOS library version. I have used the compiler for more than one year and I have never changed the library.
The issue is that all my programs are not working anymore and I am completely blocked.
Do you know if I can do something to modify or check the MbedOS library?
Thank you.
Luca

You can not change the content of Mbed library via Online compiler. You can change only MbedOS version via right click on MbedOs library and Revisions... in your project.

On the picture below you can see MbedOS 5.15.6 in the project

So check yours and try to update to MbedOS 5.15.7 if you use a pre MbedOS 6 version.

BR, Jan

Hi Jan,

I have only these within my Revisions…

I do not understand how to do it.

Thanks,
Luca

Hi Jan,

This is my current situation:

Code is always the same. It always worked then the warning “Unknown action post-build” appeared and my LPC1768 crash.
I have never played with libraries or other subfolders within the online compiler.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Luca

Ok, now I see you have only mbed library instead of mbed-os library, that mean you use the old Mbed2 which is no longer supported.
You can try to delete the mbed library and import it again from - mbed - The official Mbed 2 C/C++ SDK provides the softwa… | Mbed

It might be good to think about switching to a newer version, but of course there will be more work.

• you can try to change it to MbedOS 5.15.7 (import link), that can be not so drastic change and under the bare metal profile it will be similar like the Mbed2.
  • you can try to change it to MbedOS 6+ (import link) but here can be neccesary more work.

BR, Jan

Hi Jan,
I have tried the first method. I deleted the mbed library from my project and I have imported the mbed-os in my project from the link that you shared. I still have the same error/issue: the code compiles with the same warning then it does not work when I upload it to the LPC1768.
I have tried to understand what I have to do for the following methods but I do not understand how to do the switch to the new versions with the link you shared. Can you explain the steps?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Luca

Hmm, you can forget what I wrote. I tried it and did it also with latest version of MbedOS, so it seems to be really an issue of Online compiler.
You probably need to wait for a fix.

BR, Jan

OMG…I hope the fix will arrive asap.
Is there a way to push the release of the new version?
Is it usually a fast process?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Luca

I do not know and is Summer = vacation time.
Can you try import mbed-os-example-blinky - Blinky example for Mbed OS 6.0 | Mbed and verify if crash still occurs?

BR, Jan

Hi Jan,

I tried the basic code for Mbed OS 6.0 and it works only with LED blinking code, even if I get the same warning plus additional new warnings. (see image)

If I use my main.cpp inside this example it creates the output file but it is not working on my uC.
This is a bummer…I have to find a way to contact MBed directly otherwise I am completely stopped by this issue.

Best regards,
Luca

And what Is the output of Crash report?

BR, Jan

I have tried again and this is the result of using my main.cpp within the “blinking” example.

Why Serial is no longer available?
What is the best substitute?

Thank you.
Luca

I’m trying BufferedSerial but it gives other errors. The compiler does not like anymore wait(…) and ‘serial’.getc()…
maybe it is not the right solution…

Hello,

• After rebuilding my old Mbed 2 programs with the online compiler they still run fine on my Mbed LPC1768 board (despite of “Warning: Unknown action post-build - …”).

• A new Mbed 2 blinky program (using the “Blinky LED Hello World” template) built with the online compiler is running fine too.

• A firmware update might help.

• If you have too many old programs on the “MBED” virtual disk try to delete them.

Thank you for this information.
I did the firmware update. Mbed 2 blinky program works but my program is still not working.
In both cases I have the warning, but as you said it should not be relevant.
I can post my code here. Essentially is not working and the LED1 blinks alone without the code that commands it.