Not recognizing target on B-L475E-IOT01A

Hi
I am using a B-L475E-IOT01A board. I have compiled a simple blinky app with debug profile. Mbed Studio is unable to detect the board. I can see DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A in the list and selected that board but still doesnt work.

I can drag and drop the bin file into the folder and that works fine. Any ideas why the board isnt recognized ?

Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Would you mind answering a few questions? That will help us in investigating this issue on your system.

1. I understand that you do not see a dialog that the board has been connected and it doesn’t appear with a green usb icon next to it?
  2. What platform do you use? Is it a Windows 10?
  3. Assuming that it is a Windows 10. During Mbed Studio installation have you kept a default option to install additional drivers? It installs ST drivers needed for B-L475E-IOT01A to work correctly.
  4. Firmware on the board may be old. Can you send the content of DETAILS.txt file? You should be able to find that file on the board.
  5. Would you mind reporting this issue and attaching logs using Mbed Studio? Please open Mbed Studio and use Help->Report an Issue. Please attach logs to the email.

Thanks,
Arek - Mbed Studio team

1. I understand that you do not see a dialog that the board has been connected and it doesn’t appear with a green usb icon next to it?

Correct

1. What platform do you use? Is it a Windows 10?
    Sorry, should have mentioned. Platform is Ubuntu. Udev rules are copied correctly. I can even compile and flash correctly with mbed-cli (with GCC_ARM)

NA
4. Firmware on the board may be old. Can you send the content of DETAILS.txt file? You should be able to find that file on the board.

Looks like this is indeed true.
Version: 0221
Build: Nov 17 2016 13:37:06
I assume this is from STLink ? How can I update this ?

1. Will do.

So this started working after I used a build from the online compiler and placed the bin file in the drive. Not sure why it fixed it. Subsequent builds from Mbed Studio is recognizing the target.