The online compiler doesn't work: Can't select the platform!

Hi,

The online compiler doesn’t work, we can’t even select the platform.

See here we have a blank when clicking on select the plateform:

I tried on two browsers: Vivaldi, and Firefox

Hello,

Google Chrome is also OK
MS Edge is OK ​(Of cource same core)

Do you have any platform already added to your profile?

BR, Jan

No, I just wanted to access to the Mbed compiler to see how it works and when clicking on platform it was all blank

I got the same thing in Edge,

I precise that I didn’t connected a board yet, thus I can’t chose a platform.

When you not have any board connect to your account, you also can not select it later in Online compiler.
You firstly need select a target from here - Development boards | Mbed.
For example when we will select LPC1768, then hit Add to your Mbed Compiler button on right side of the board page.
BR, Jan

1 Like

Thanks, it worked.

Maybe ARM developpers should add a warning sentence in the IDE web app, or make this possible through the IDE web app

I am only community member but I think I can say it is hard to capture all eventualities.
However there is a Quick start guide:

1. Introduction - Quick start | Mbed OS 6 Documentation
  2. Importing and compiling the code - Quick start | Mbed OS 6 Documentation

BR, Jan

1 Like

I think just a sentence of warning is better than a blank list and no error warning.

Thanks for the answer. I corrected the title, and my previous message

I was glad to help, good luck with it.
But usually when you want to use SOLUTION mark, you should to mark a post what gave you the important info for your issue (It can be marked only one post). It is for future users who will try to find a the solution for same or similar issue.

BR, Jan

I’ll make it more clear with this post.

The solution for the issue was:
" When you not have any board connect to your account, you also can not select it later in Online compiler.
You firstly need select a target from here - Development boards | Mbed.
For example when we will select LPC1768, then hit Add to your Mbed Compiler button on right side of the board page.
BR, Jan"

And the solution for the bug is:
“Maybe ARM developpers should add a warning sentence in the IDE web app, or make this possible through the IDE web app”

I wanted to mark the both post however it is not possible, it accepted only one. I will make the solution(s) more clear in the next post. (as soon as the antispam filter relase it, since it is blocked). So let’s be patient.

Now the message is visible