STM32C011 Development

Hi - I’m looking for advice on the correct development board to use for the STM32C011x4/x6 family. My application will use the 8 pin device.

Ive been using the LPC1114 NXP devices.

I’d prefer to use the on-line compiler, but if not could you advise which other route I should use?

Hello,

according to picture below STM32C011 has 32/6K memory size and lower and that is not suitable with MbedOS I think. With that size of memory you are not able to run whole MbedOS and probably neither its bare metal variant.
So if you want to use this family it would be probably better to use it directly with HALs.

BR, Jan

Hello Jan, thank you for your reply. Sorry, I dont know what HALs is - can you tell me? Is there no mbed/Keil dev platform I can use with this processor?

Regards

AndrewR

Hello,

ST provides software package (another brands do same) that contains HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) - STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeC0: Full firmware package for STM32C0 series containing CMSIS, HAL-LL, BSP drivers, MW libraries, and a set of projects ready for use on STM32C0 boards (github.com). This package also contains some basic examples.

You can install STM32CubeIDE - Integrated Development Environment for STM32 - STMicroelectronics and also package for your family/target and then you can start but you need to spend a lot of time of learning.

BR, Jan

That’s great - thank you Jan!

Hello Jan, looks like I have to reassess my hardware platform. Can you tell me what the minimum flash and RAM requirements to run mbed bare metal? Looks like I may try to go for one of the NXP LPC devices - 16 pin. I’m really after the simplest solution since I am just taking 1 analog input and 3 digital inputs and providing 2 outputs. There is no comms etc i.e. a very basic application.

Thank you
AndrewR

You wrote about LPC1114 NXP. So what is wrong about it? It seems this target with 4KB of RAM is able to run MbedOS bare metal profile (I do not have it). So I was probably wrong and also STM32C0 can but it is not supported (was not implemented by ST) anyway.

Boards with similar size and supported in latest MbedOS could be

• ST - Nucleo-F303K8, G031, L432KC (able to run whole MbedOS) and probably others
  • Maxim - MAX32625PICO (able to run whole MbedOS)
  • NXP - Mbed LPC1114, Mbed LPC1768 (able to run whole MbedOS)

RR, Jan

Thanks Jan - I was just looking for a low pin count (8 pins) device to use in the mbed bare metal platform. It looks however like the LPC1114 (28 pins) or LPC81x (16 pins) is the lower limit. I’ll have to do some more digging.

Regards
AndrewR